Introduction to Kennel and Cattery Management Certification
For an animal lover, there is no better way to earn a living than spending it with the critters you adore. This makes kennel and cattery management a very attractive career choice for so many across the UK.
Having a solid understanding of both the business aspect of running a business as well as health and hygiene topics will give you the perfect start to your new career.
Training in this area is something you can use throughout your life.
This course tells you what you need to know about kennel and cattery management, dividing the information across two modules.
The first reviews the business side of things, covering your role at the kennel or cattery and introducing you to the various types of facilities you may encounter.
Our second module covers the animal health and hygiene topics you need to be familiar with in order to properly look after the animals in your care.
You Will Learn:
- The specific tasks kennel and cattery managers are responsible for
- Information about commercial or boarding kennels or catteries
- The difference between a breeding kennel and a hobby kennel
- Information about the three main pieces of legislation you need to be familiar with
- How to comply with your local authority’s record keeping requirements
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- For those thinking about a career in animal care, learn more about what you can expect from management
- If you currently work with animals, gain additional skills and knowledge you can use to ask for a promotion or raise
- If you are a pet owner, learn more about how the kennels and catteries you bring your pets to are run
- Volunteers at kennels and catteries can learn more about accepting increased responsibilities
- If you are thinking about breeding cats or dogs, learn more about how to keep the animals safe and well cared for