How to start your OWN business in one week?
When? 21st November from 14:00-17:00
Where? Knowledge Pathways International Ltd, Unit 1 Block B, The Knowledge Gateway, University of Essex, CO4 3ZL
Cost: Although normally the cost of this programme reaches £200, we are charging only a small fee of £20 for administrational and venue costs.
This event is designed to introduce participants to the main components of starting their own business in only one week’s time. This workshop will cover the most important steps that need to be taken by someone who wants to get started but is still not sure how to begin from zero. During the event participants will work individually and in groups to learn how to outline their vision, set up a business strategy, create a marketing plan, sales funnel and much more. Participants will be introduced to the main concepts of business plans and will understand why having a detailed business plan is a critical factor in making any business take off and grow. Moreover, the workshop will explain how to research your market, get a website and email opt-in, create a valuable, sharable content, set up social media to advertise your new business, and generally improve as you go.
By the end of the event all attendees will be able to critically think through their options, identify the best opportunities and know how to make the most out of them.
Who can attend? This programme is suitable for anyone who is seeking to start their own businesses. However, the number of places is limited and registration process follows first-come-first-served principle.
The key objectives of this programme are:
- To introduce and discuss the different fundamentals of a business plan as well as marketing plan;
- To enable participants to set out their strategy and action plan;
- To enable participants to connect these fundamentals to business situations;
- To enable participants to think strategically, analyse and make sense of the complexities of the business world around them.
Upon successful completion of the workshop participants should be able to:
- Outline their business strategy and what they need to do to achieve their goals;
- Recognise and understand the principles and practices involved in writing a business plan;
- Link their business case/idea to general micro and macro issues;
- Make sense of their business situation, analyse it using relevant models;
- Explains their objectives and how they will achieve them;
- Develop a strategy that covers the next one to five years;
- Identify their priorities and focus on them;
- Benchmark the performance of the business.